Grant Saw act for developers in the sale of new build flats or houses including the drafting of the new lease and/or transfer of part. We usually carry out a site visit so that we are familiar with the various legal issues that need to be addressed in the legal documents. These include rights of way, rights to be reserved to a developer and anything else which is pertinent to the development. Grant Saw act for numerous buyers of new build properties in the same development. Due to the volume of documents that have to be examined this service is not usually offered for one off new build or recently built properties.
General Overview of Work
- Site visit to identify the relevant provisions to be inserted in the legal documents
- Drafting new leases or transfers of part for houses
- Putting together a sales pack and assisting you in completing the relevant documents
- Setting up documents on a platform so that you, the estate agent and buyers solicitors have access to the documents
- Liaising with your mortgage lender if there is a mortgage that needs to be redeemed
- Keeping you updated and liaising with your estate agent
- Dealing with Help to Buy sales
We liaise with estate agents or developers to nominate us as a recommended solicitor. We agree documents with the seller’s solicitors before marketing. When dealing with volume purchases we can offer buyers a competitive price and speed and efficiency as we are familiar with the documents. We generally do not deal with one off new build purchases because of the volume of work.
From the first conversation we take the time to have a meaningful and detailed conversation to understand your objectives. Managing expectations and time frames.
For sales – As set out above we carry out a site visit and handle the process of new build sales from drafting the documents, putting together the sales pack, keeping you and your estate agent updated and dealing with the redemption of any mortgages/loans.
For purchases – We agree the lease/transfer of part with the sellers solicitors and where appropriate carry out a site visit. Although we work with the solicitors to agree the documents our impartiality s important and we work in the interest of our client who is purchasing.
Maria Lati and Tyrone Grant have extensive experience in helping small and medium sized property developers in dealing with new build plot sales.
All of the conveyancing team have experience in acting for buyers in new build plot purchases.
Residential Property sales and purchases