Sarah-Kate is a partner and heads up the firm’s litigation department. After qualifying in 2006 at a firm in the West End of London, Sarah-Kate joined Grant Saw in 2007, becoming head of litigation in 2012 and a partner in 2014.
She undertakes a range of contentious work for companies and individuals, successfully advising both claimant and defendant clients in a variety of claims brought before the High Court, County Court and Tribunal. She has a particular interest in the resolution of property related disputes and is regularly instructed by commercial landlords and tenants.
Sarah-Kate’s areas of expertise include:
- Lease renewals
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Boundary disputes
- Possession proceedings
- Adverse possession
- Professional negligence disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Debt recovery/enforcement
- Contractual disputes
Sarah-Kate’s recent work includes:
- Advising a landlord in respect of ’54 Act lease renewal proceedings of a multi-million pound property in the City;
- Successfully defending an injunction issued on informal notice to prevent a mortgagee’s sale and recovering costs on an indemnity basis;
- Obtaining the strike out of a substantial claim brought against a former director under s.214 of the Insolvency Act, resulting in a significant costs order; and
- Advising and successfully concluding a multi-claim partnership dispute following partnership dissolution.
Sarah-Kate is a member of the Property Litigation Association, London Solicitors Litigation Association and the Commercial Litigation Association.
Outside of work Sarah-Kate enjoys spending time with family and friends, playing netball, running and supporting local charities.