Our lawyers are experts in personal insolvency and we work closely with you to help you understand all the relevant considerations and set your objectives. We provide tailored solutions to meet the needs of each individual case and strive to provide accessible and affordable legal services to our clients.
We can advise on a wide range of issues including:
- Statutory demands
- Bankruptcy petitions
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- Property disputes
- Administration of insolvent estates
- Challenging bankruptcy orders
- Debt recovery
Our insolvency experts will work with you to assess your options. If you are a creditor, we will review your case with you, in order to advise on the best avenues to recover the debt owed.
If you are thinking about making yourself bankrupt, we can advise you on the process, the costs, and what to expect when a bankruptcy order is made, or if you are being pursued by a creditor, we can act for you to defend the petition.
If you have already been made bankrupt, whether voluntarily or not, we can review your objectives and advise accordingly, either to help you get out of bankruptcy or with any other issues you may be experiencing.
We work closely with debtors, creditors and insolvency practitioners and provide expertise in the following areas:
- Avoiding bankruptcy
- Becoming bankrupt
- Making yourself bankrupt or making someone else bankrupt
- Drafting, issuing and serving a bankruptcy petition and dealing with all aspects up to the petition hearing
- Drafting and serving a statutory demand and advising on and dealing with any challenge to the demand
- Responding to an Individual Voluntary Arrangement
- Being bankrupt
- Advising on what a bankrupt must or must not do
- Drafting and issuing applications to obtain permission to act as a company director or charitable trustee whilst an undischarged bankrupt
- Advising on and dealing with the bankrupt’s family home
- The appointment of a trustee in bankruptcy, their roles and powers during the administration of the bankruptcy estate
- Advising on transactions that took place before bankruptcy
- Getting out of bankruptcy
Our Insolvency department is accredited by Lexcel, the legal practice quality mark for client care, compliance and practice management.
To discuss your legal requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org today or contact us on 020 8858 6971.