Grant Saw Solicitors LLP are currently hiring. Please check below for job specs.
Contested Probate Solicitor
This is an excellent opportunity to work with us to develop and enhance the litigation department’s reputation, as well as your own, and to reinforce our reputation as the pre-eminent litigation practice in the region.
Benefits: Salary level negotiable dependent upon experience. We also offer a very generous bonus package against fee targets. 5 weeks annual leave.
- Will be a solicitor with a minimum of 3 years PQE
- Will be able to demonstrate a problem-solving approach, solid technical abilities and a clear grasp of legal concepts relevant to this area of practice
- Will have experience and knowledge of the following areas:
- 1975 Act Claims – acting for both Claimant and Defendant
- Probate actions concerning allegations of forgery, testamentary capacity and undue influence
- Conflicts regarding the validity and construction of trust documents
- Allegations of fraud
- Acting for Executors in a neutral capacity
- Proprietary Estoppel / Constructive Trust claims
- Will have working knowledge and experience of the Civil Procedure Rules
- Will have some advocacy experience
- Will be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Will be a confident and articulate communicator who enjoys networking and business development
You will be confident in dealing and communicating appropriately with clients, and able to meet their expectations consistently, especially in relation to charges and timing.
Please apply to: [email protected]
HR Manager (part time)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced HR Manager for our busy and expanding law firm, on a 3 -day per week basis. Reporting to the firm’s managing partner and staff partner, you will be responsible for a range of duties to ensure that staff at the firm are well-managed and developed with good communication and an emphasis on staff well-being.
This is a new role which until now has been dealt with by the partners in conjunction with the office manager, who will continue to provide support to you.
About the firm
We are a long-established Greenwich practice with a turnover of in excess of £4m. We practice in most civil areas of law. About two thirds of our staff are lawyers, and the rest support the legal work. We are putting in place strategic managers so that the firm can grow. We hold the Lexcel and ISO9001 accreditations. Excellence in what we do is important to us
Previous experience of dealing with HR matters in a professional environment is essential. An HR qualification would be an advantage. You will be confident working with people and documents alike, have attention to detail and be willing to bring forward good ideas to promote best practice with the support and encouragement of the firm’s partners and managers.
Your role will include oversight of all personnel matters affecting the firm’s employees.
Following a review of all existing documentation for any gaps or areas for improvement, you will develop an annual programme for ongoing review of the firm’s HR systems policies and procedures. You will be assisted by our office manager and interact with the firm’s accounts manager for salary and payment issues.
You will be encouraged to pursue excellence and help the partners map career paths for and manage the expectations of our staff.
The job will include taking a lead and/or assisting in the following areas with appropriate support from the firm’s office manager:
- Training and development
- Replacing the firm’s current appraisal system with a more effective system in accordance with best practice and ensuring that ongoing appraisals take place
- Reviewing the use of the support provided to the firm via Natwest Mentor and Mentor Live and ensuring that our documents remain up to date
- Equality and diversity
- Data protection/privacy
- Monitoring holidays/annual absences
- Documenting contract and salary changes, bonus payments etc
- Potentially taking a lead in the final documentation of hybrid working and homeworking policies
- Dealing with regulatory issues with our regulator (the SRA) insofar as they relate to matters affecting our Employees and ensuring that solicitors meet the competencies required by the Statement of Solicitors Competence
- Promoting staff well-being and employee benefits
- Liaising with the Office Manager and Managing Partner in relation to health and safety matters affecting employees
- Liaising on issues relating to payroll, maternity leave, pension contributions
- Ensuring that training is logged and undertaken, including mandatory training in anti-money laundering, data protection and other areas
- Assisting lawyers to ensure their mandatory training requirements and review of practice is undertaken
- Dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues in the rare cases that these arise
- Using your skills and knowledge and experience to ensure that the firm is pursuing best practice in all areas of staff employment and engagement with a view to retaining and developing employees for the benefit of the firm and individuals alike.
Please apply to: [email protected]