On Thursday 5 October 2023, Grant Saw hosted a charity quiz at the Trafalgar Tavern in aid of the Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice, our charity of the year for 2023/24, raising £1,765 in the process, with more to come.
We were very pleased that many of our clients and contacts could attend, and we are grateful to a range of local businesses who donated raffle prizes. These include:
- The Clarendon Hotel, Blackheath who donated a voucher for afternoon tea for two.
- Zero Degrees, Blackheath who provided a meal for two plus a bottle of wine.
- Greenwich Picturehouse who offered two cinema tickets.
- Davys, Greenwich who supplied a bottle of champagne.
- Autumn and May Jewellers, Greenwich who gave a beautiful silver daisy necklace.
- The Fudge Patch who offered a box of flavoured fudge.
- Other prizes included a Hastens gift set and a handmade chocolate football by a local chocolatier.
We are thankful to the Trafalgar Tavern who provided the venue free of charge for this charity initiative.
Ray Crudgington, Managing Partner at Grant Saw Solicitors LLP, said “I’d like to thank everyone who attended and those that donated. I’d also like to thank the local businesses who provided prizes for our raffle and give a big shout out to our quizmaster, Andy and his team, for putting on a great evening. The venue was excellent, and I am pleased that so many of our guests enjoyed their evening. We have a long-standing relationship with the Hospice, and we are determined to raise as much money as possible this year”.
Augusta Adu, Events Manager at Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice, said “Thank you to Grant Saw Solicitors for choosing the Hospice as their charity of the year. Raising over £1,750 following the quiz is an excellent start to the partnership! This support means so much to us, our patients and their loved ones who depend on our care and support at a time when they need us the most. We are really looking forward to working with the team over the year”.
If you would like to donate, you can do so by clicking here.